Principal Software Engineer & Architect – New Relic
- Go-to technical leader for frontend product development across the entire company.
- As an architect, I blended deep frontend expertise and strong non-technical skills to ensure teams made quality technical decisions that delivered value to users.
- Critical contributor to the successful release of New Relic One, a new UI platform, by driving technical alignment and collaboration across dozens of teams and several offices and developing several tools to identify technical and reliability issues.
- Drove growth in engineering standards throughout the entire organization by providing solid examples for my area of expertise and developing tools the whole company now uses to transparently develop, share, and improve standards.
- As an individual contributor, I led frontend development and was a core contributor on critical, market differentiating features like Distributed Tracing and Health Map.
- Organized the UI Community of Practice for three years, during which I significantly grew the community, increased collaboration across UI-focused roles, grew relationships across three major offices, and inspired similar growth in other communities.
- Contributed significantly to the growth of other engineers through mentoring, coaching, sponsorship, and providing tools to help others do the same.
Lead Front-end Engineer – Seed
- Developed this startup’s web application from scratch using React and Flux. This application was a critical part of the product used to support small business owners.
- Lead developer on product architecture and core features working collaboratively with other teams including design, mobile, backend, and compliance.
Software Engineer III – Google
- Technical lead and core developer for large, complex projects developing features that improved the user experience on Google Shopping across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Configured logging and experiments to evaluate the impact of new features. Performed detailed analysis of results, including custom analysis using C++, to inform product decisions.
- Community work: K-12 outreach, diversity outreach, speaking, recruiting.
Staff Software Engineer – Vivisimo, an IBM company
- Developed new user-facing features for a Rails application while working on a cross-functional team with engineers, UX experts, and designers.
Senior Applications Engineer – Vivisimo, Inc.
- Managed a team of three engineers in deploying and configuring software for customers.
- Assisted with prototype development for a new software offering using Ruby and Rails.
- Performed as the team lead and architect for a project that won an internal programming contest to develop a new product feature..
Student Web Developer – University of Pittsburgh
- Designed, developed, and maintained a paper submission system for the ACM Sigmod Record publication.
Co-op Student – ANSYS
- Designed and maintained web applications for internal and public sites.